As Municipal Recorders, we are at the center of municipal government and play an important role in city government, as well as in the structure of our communities as a whole. Often, however, we look "outside" ourselves for acknowledgement and recognition. We are asking you to "look within" yourselves and our organization. Look at what you and other Recorders have accomplished this year.
The President’s Award of Distinction is awarded to an OAMR member who has contributed greatly to a committee of OAMR or has performed exceptional work for OAMR. Nominations for this award are accepted only from OAMR members.
1. Any individual member or board member may submit a confidential nomination to the President no later than Friday, August 11, 2017.
2. The President shall select a recipient for the “Award of Distinction” from the membership of OAMR. There may be years in which there are no outstanding nominees. The decision of the President is final.
3. Recognition will be at the annual conference and will include presentation of a plaque and complimentary registration at the following year’s annual OAMR conference. The registration is not transferable, and can only be used by the award winner.
4. Criteria for selection are as follows:
a. Any OAMR member in good standing is eligible, with the exception of the President, First Vice President, and Second Vice President. Member in good standing means a fully paid member.
b. The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution or performed outstanding service to OAMR during the association fiscal year.
c. Areas of nomination may include but are not limited to the following categories:
- OAMR Committee Work
- Lifetime Achievement
- OAMR Programs or Education Development
- Other: ___________________________________
Please use the President's Award of Distinction Nomination Form to nominate a Recorder.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
PO Box 143
Nehalem, OR 97131